A blog about my culinary experiences in Paris and around the world.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Sushi One 一壽司

For my last night in Hong Kong, before I jet off to cold Paris, I didn't want anything fancy, just good food; and I knew that knowing my lazy self, I wouldn't eat fish for a while, mostly just meat in Paris especially after coming back late nights from school and the upcoming internship- so why not some good Japanese food. Another reason why I chose Japanese is because I find it to be quite pricey in Paris for what you order therefore I wanted to get as much good sashimi as possible!



Sushi One  一壽司 has several branches in Hong Kong but I like to go to the one in Causeway Bay, out of convenience. It is a very popular Japanese restaurant that specializes, as its name suggests, in Sushi, Sashimi and other Japanese dishes. The menu is quite extensive so there are plenty of choices including maki, yakitori, tempura, etc.. The sashimi is always fresh, sweet and even melts in your mouth.


The design of the restaurant is modern, simple, yet nice. You can sit in the dining room or at the sushi bar. They have an aquarium that stretches throughout the restaurant, so the swimming fish in the tank are watching you eat fish, haha. 





The place gets packed during dinner so we tend to get there for 7 pm or else there's a huge queue. Prices for dishes vary on what you get (in terms of the color of the dish either grey, green, blue, yellow, etc...), but stays within the 100 - 250$ range (at the end of the meal) which is very reasonable especially for sashimi.

Some preview of the restaurant...

Salmon and Hamachi (yellowtail) sashimi


Salmon Sushi



Crab roe sushi



Crab and roe salad



Grilled sweet egg


Salmon belly sashimi 


Fried chicken softbone


It's not the BEST sashimi or sushi bar in Hong Kong, but it's a very good one, that has maintained its standards and I have always liked the food when I go as it is tasty and cheap at the same time; and not every restaurant can provide the best of both. 

Sushi One
G/F Chinachem Leighton Plaza, 29 Leighton Road, Causeway Bay
Tel: 3188 0083
Subway station: Causeway Bay


1 comment:

  1. I prefer the sushi place that's in the Times Square basement, much fresher and tastier!

    ReplyDelete