A blog about my culinary experiences in Paris and around the world.

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Onto Chapter Two

Tomorrow is going to be the second chapter of my so-called 'new life'; working in a Michelin-star restaurant; out of respect to the Chef and restaurant, I will keep it anonymous. 
Chapter 1: at ESCF-Ferrandi was tough to begin with, but with time, effort and commitment, I got by, ended up loving every minute of every second and actually, now, wished I was still in school. Maybe it's the fear of what's going to happen tomorrow, maybe it's the stress that I will be induced in, maybe I just don't want to fail and I'll do anything in my power to not let that happen.


To be honest, I feel a mix of emotions, and I think that's normal. I don't know what's going to happen, what to expect, what to do better on. What I do know is that I have to give 200% (even more - 300% as Chef always says) and that's exactly what I'll do because as of right now, that's the only thing I know how to do, and what to do - in terms of what I know my capacity is. 


I don't know when the next time I'll blog. Tomorrow for me, is orientation day, a day to learn the concepts and attitudes of my 'head' company but Tuesday, will be the real, the first new page of Chapter 2. I'll probably blog tomorrow just because of my excitement/fear of the next day but after that, who knows. Maybe I'll be working 15 hour days and am so exhausted I can't blog until the weekend, or maybe I will have the strength to do so...But I cannot guarantee anything right now, so I want to assure my followers that I will try to do my best.


As a final note, to those who will start interning tomorrow, to those who will start one week later and to those who already started, the best of luck, hopefully I'll have the time and energy to visit you guys and blog! I know all of us deserve what we got and I wish you guys a great experience in the restaurant/hotel you'll be working in.


Please continue following, without you guys this blog would be dead!

2 comments:

  1. Bon chance a toi est aux autres!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jade, best of luck. I know you will do amazingly well, just like with everything you've set yourself to do.

    Good luck! I hope you have a fantastic time.

    ReplyDelete