A blog about my culinary experiences in Paris and around the world.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Cecconi's

I haven't had proper Italian food in a really long time, especially living in Paris where I've just immersed myself in French cuisine. I think it's been more than 6 months, and for me, that's a really long time. Sadly, I've only realized this now but that's probably why when my friends suggested Cecconi's, I couldn't refuse...


Cecconi's is a small modern restaurant located in the heart of Soho. It's all about Italian food and you can tell by it's menu that it favors the classics with a few modern twists. The restaurant is rather narrow, hosting about 20 tables. The semi-open kitchen lies at the back of the restaurant with a marble counter top and 3 heat lamps. The decor is simple but chic and the seats adorned with dark velvet.




The traditional Focaccia bread and olive oil to start




Seared Hokkaido scallops with seasonal herbs




The pan-seared scallops were surprisingly bigger than the local scallops served in Hong Kong. It came with seasonal herbs (dill, cilantro, tarragon) and a butter-based sauce. 


Baby lamb slowly cooked in red wine, vegetables, green olives and herbs

A generous portion of steaming and tender meat.





Linguine with seafood, olive oil, garlic, chilli and fresh herbs




Spaghetti: with clams, garlic, dried chilli and chives




I was impressed with presentation and taste. I can imagine a packed Friday night!
An overall good atmosphere.



Cecconi's
G/F, 43 Elgin Street, SoHo, Central District,
Tel: 2147 5500
Subway station: Central

No comments:

Post a Comment