A blog about my culinary experiences in Paris and around the world.

Monday, August 30, 2010

A New Chapter

Tomorrow, will be the first page of a new chapter in my life.
I'm feeling all kinds of emotions right now: excitement, happiness, fear, worry (what if I fail?!) - everything!

Though tomorrow is just orientation, I'll be meeting my fellow students in the program so I cannot wait to share my experience at ESCF with them!

I will try to update this blog and share with you all of what I will experience, but I know this is will be tough and I'll probably be super tired, but I will try my best!

In the meantime, last night I had dinner with my godmother and we went to a neighborhood restaurant that we both love, Le Bistro de La Muette. The restaurant renovated itself to a modern brasserie and re-opened its doors in 2007 to serve French cuisine (what else?).

The fixed menu is a bit pricey compared to other restaurants (38 Euros), BUT it's for aperitif, appetizer, main dish, dessert, coffee/tea AND a bottle of wine of your choice (among a list). That's a pretty good deal as normally a fixed price dinner costs around 24 Euros and you may want a bottle of wine anyways.

Entree: guacamole tartare with fresh shrimp (though I was not a fan of the passionfruit cream on the left)
Plat: Monkfish with potatoes (I love monkfish because it's a fish you have to work on to eat it)
Dessert: Forest Fruit Sherbet
My godmother's tarte aux pommes avec glace vanille was DELICIOUS...a definite house specialty







Bistro de La Muette

10 Chaussée de la Muette






Paris 75016


No comments:

Post a Comment